Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Working for a well established reputable Canadian mining company that is a household name in a stable commodity sector. They will make an excellent employer for an up-and-coming project engineer with mining/industrial/engineering background who may be looking for a unique challenge in project engineering / project management and/or a lifestyle change to the East Coast way!
You will like
The Geologist job itself where your main objective is to plan, coordinate and supervise the activities related to geology and quality, in order to ensure the finished products meet or exceed customer expectations, while taking into account health and safety, sustainability, productivity and labour relations.
You will be responsible of the site geology program, with an emphasis on health and safety, quality, sustainability, productivity and labour relations. The Geologist goes underground on a daily basis to perform geology mapping of active faces, review blasted muckpiles to confirm his predictions and minimize risk, and to perform mapping in older areas of the mine.
When there is a diamond drilling campaign on-going, the geological information from core drilling is logged and mapped for future reference with the help of the Mine Engineer. The incumbent works closely with the Production Manager and Mine Engineer to plan future production areas.
The geology mapping information is plotted on mine maps using AutoCAD and the interpretation of the geological structures of the mine is done on a regular basis. The interpretation needs to take into consideration the mapping of levels above and below and data recovered from core logging.
The geologist is responsible for the optimized flow process, from the underground conveying and crushing system to the mill. He/she is also in charge of the site Quality program and periodically supervises production crews and contract work.
You will have
- Geology degree or Mining Engineering degree with minimun of 5 years relevant experience.
- Previous experience in the ISO 9001 program and the associated document control process.
- Geology mapping
- Experience in project planning and management.
- Computer CAD system for Geology
- Supervision experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the principles and methods used in complex geological/geophysical analyses using analytical /statistical tools.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software suites.
- Ability to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty, and draw valid conclusions.
- Proven ability to create and execute project plans that have achieved the identified targets.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques.
You will get
- Competitive salary,$75-$90k plus benefits
- Full relocation package
- Must be Canadian citizen or Canadian permanent resident