Career Level Executive
Industry Wholesale and Retail
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Group: BusOps | Function: BI
At Onfido we are building a next generation data and analytics platform using cloud technologies to help drive growth and shape the future of Onfido. We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic BI Analyst to join the Business Intelligence team. While taking the lead in business analytics you will work on complex and never before explored problems and will build insight on unique data sets.
This is a unique opportunity where you will have the chance to work directly with a variety of stakeholders throughout the organisation and most importantly will have a real commercial impact in a high growth technology company.
Your mission is to provide actionable and accurate insight for business decisions.
As a BI Analyst you will be responsible for:
- Insight Delivery: Work closely with the rest of the BI team, product managers and senior management to build and deliver insight assets and dashboards to enable business decisions
- Data Analysis: Provide data analysis and deep dive investigations for a diverse group of stakeholders across Technology, Growth and Business Operations for a range of business questions
- Data Modelling: Support establishing KPIs to drive business decisions applying analytical and statistical methods
- Data ambassador: Help and educate a diverse group of data users to utilise Onfido’s tools and data assets and enable self-serve analytics.
We’re building the new identity standard for the internet.
Whether you want to open a bank account or hire a car, our lives are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally—without ever meeting anyone face-to-face. Increasingly, our identities are becoming the new currency which we use to access online services. But with half the world being unbanked, and identity fraud on the rise, that’s becoming more and more difficult. So our mission is to create an open world, where identity is the key to access.
We use machine learning to assess whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics. As a global leader in computer vision, our AI learns to identity fraud as it evolves over time. Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive inclusion and safety online—without compromising on user privacy.
That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard users remotely and securely across 195 countries… and we’re just getting started!
Founded in 2012, we’re a diverse, global team of 250 technologists spread across 6 countries. We’ve also received over $60m in funding from world-class technology investors including Salesforce and Microsoft.
You can learn more about our team and the work we do on our Onfido blog.
We use a lot of exciting technology. Our engineers are flexible about technology and pick the right tool for the job:
- Python, Ruby and Elixir for our service code
- React and Redux for frontend work
- Tensorflow for Machine Learning / Computer Vision
- Kubernetes and Docker to package and run services
- AWS for underlying infrastructure
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Tech blog.
What we’re hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Strong experience in SQL and solving analytical problems using SQL
- Demonstrable experience of being able to look at data from a variety of angles (ie. ROI, finance, product, client, market) using both technical skills and deep product/business understanding
- Excellent communication skills – can summarise complex technical issues, and present in a simple way to non-technical audiences
- Stakeholder management – can work with a variety of stakeholders from a wide range of backgrounds and prioritise the work accordingly.
- Strong data visualisation skills – can tell data stories utilising BI tools (i.e. Tableau/Looker)
- Solid understanding and experience of delivery in Analytics, statistics and forecasting
- Self-starter – take initiative in spotting opportunities and finding ways to solve challenges with data; a genuine interest in solving business problems using data
- Hunger for learning and growth in all things around Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Experience in managing and mentoring junior team members