Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Contegix is looking for an experienced application and/or system administrator, DevOps expert with good experience in the Atlassian tools suite to join our growing ranks of Atlassian Engineers. As part of the Contegix Engineering Team you will be working with a wide range of customers and helping them to navigate complex business challenges and unique tools requirements. You will work alongside other Engineers on projects to make Atlassian’s suite work just how customers want it to.
The right person for the Atlassian Engineer role has a passion for technology – specifically hosting and managing applications. The ideal candidate has an analytical nature, a knack for troubleshooting, and a passion for customer service. As an Atlassian Engineer, your responsibilities will range from tier-1 customer support, tools maintenance, and front-end customization to business analysis, solutions architecture, and comprehensive application and system administration.
Think this might be the role for you? See below for a list of position requirements and preferred skills.
- A demonstrated track record of success in a customer-centric role, and the willingness and ability to be the voice and face of Contegix to our customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Deep technical expertise and a desire to always be learning
- Experience with the Atlassian tools suite
- A working knowledge of Linux and Windows servers
- Excellent time management
- Process improvement on the brain
- Flexibility to work on-site with customers
Preferred Skills (not mandatory to apply):
- Previous customer service/customer-facing job experience
- Solution Architecture experience
- Experience on the Administrator/Power User level of Atlassian products (specifically JIRA) in a mid-to-large-sized organization
- Experience troubleshooting the Atlassian software stack or LAMP
- Familiarity with database concepts (SQL, XML, etc.)
- Knowledge of cloud platforms, environments, and APIs
- Exposure to Agile Methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban)
- Experience with Apache httpd and Tomcat
- Previous interaction with Git, Subversion, etc.
- Jenkins, Hudson, Puppet, or other build automation experience
- *Please do not apply or contact if you are a headcount management agency or other type of staffing/candidate placement agency.
**Please do not apply if you are located outside the United States or looking for Visa Sponsorship. We will not be offering H1B or any other Visa sponsorship.
Why Work for Contegix?
We pride ourselves on hiring the best and brightest minds and reward our employees with a casual work environment and an outstanding benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Plan Savings Accounts
- Competitive Salary
- Incentive Programs
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Referral bonus to current employees who recommend successfully hired candidates
- Monthly company outings to eat, drink and communicate with the entire team
- Flexibility to work from home or remotely when possible
- And much more
We live by the philosophy that giving smart people the freedom to do smart things is the best way to foster a positive work environment. We treat our own employees with the same commitment to Go Beyond, with a familial environment of respect, collaboration and dedication to excellence.