Career Level Executive
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Industry Finance and banking
The Kenora & District Chamber of Commerce is seeking to hire a full-time Communications & Marketing Assistant Intern for one year who, under the supervision of the Chamber Manager, will work at the direction of the Board of Directors and with partner organizations in the development of initiatives that enhance the economic viability of businesses in the Kenora District.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The specific duties and responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Research, development and implementation of new programs and services to serve membership needs
- Work effectively with partnering organizations to provide education and resources for our members
- Aid members in accessing available resources for individual businesses
- Manage the KDCC’s web-presence through enhancements to the website and social media
- Research, develop and coordinate a new membership recruitment campaign
- Assist with the coordination of annual events including the AGM & Business Awards Banquet, Kenora Home and Leisure Show, networking events and training initiatives
- Attend and assist with Executive, Board, committee and planning meetings as required
- Process membership renewals and new member registrations, member communications and correspondence
- Government relations
*A degree or diploma from a recognized college or university in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Project Management, Commerce or Economic Development, together with knowledge of emerging technology, marketing, finance, proficiency in computer systems including Microsoft Office, website management and social media. Candidate will possess effective communication and networking skills, proven time management, research and organizational skills. Experience in event planning, project management, accounting, and Adobe and/or Word Press programs a definite asset. A proficiency test will accompany the interview.
*University or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program. The position will be a first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
Application Deadline: Until Position if filled.
This Opportunity proudly sponsored by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation