Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
- Conduct a detailed analysis of the contract documents and specifications, to determine overall project requirements (bonding, insurance, etc.) and identifies any associated risk factors.
- Complete a full quantity take-off of all labour, equipment and materials required to complete the project as per contract drawings and specifications.
- Establish a critical path schedule on the estimated milestone progress dates and completion timelines in order to meet the contract completion dates
- Solicit pricing from subcontractors and suppliers for labour, equipment and materials.
- Complete a final cost estimate of a project, incorporating all subcontract quotations, labour, material and equipment including OH&P margins, for review by the Senior Estimator.
- Assists in the preparation of the final tender documents for Submission.
- Trade Tendering
- Prepare Bid Packages/Trade Contract scope of work
- Prepare Invitations to Bid, Bid solicitation and follow-up
- Complete final review of received Tenders and prepare Recommendations for Award
- Complete post tender review including Bid Review Minutes for inclusion into the Trade Contracts
- Change Management
- Preparing and coordinating Prime Contract Changes and issuing Trade Contract Change Orders
- Project Financials
- Review the Project Budget and prepare month-end reporting
- Prepare Applications for Payment
- Review, update and maintain the Project Schedule
- General Correspondence
- Review, coordination and distribution of general project correspondence including, Site Instructions, Inspection Reports, Field Notices, Etc.
- Record Keeping
- Organize and file all project documents (both hard and soft files)
- Request for Information
- Review, coordination, distribution and follow-up of all Requests for Information.
- Meeting Minutes
- Preparation and distribution of Minutes of Meeting including Consultant Meetings, Trade Meetings and Safety Meetings.
- Submittal Packages
- Solicitation, Coordination and distribution of all required Submittals including Shop Drawings, Samples, Mock-ups, Etc.
- Project Close-out
- Solicitation and Coordination of all required Project close-out documents including Occupancy Documents, As-built drawings and Operations and Maintenance Manuals.
- Minimum 2-year degree/diploma in a construction related discipline
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in commercial, institutional or residential construction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of different construction contracts, methods, sequencing, potential problems and timelines
- Knowledge of relevant construction BC law and building codes
- Ability to understand engineering/construction plans/specifications and employ construction methods and procedures.
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with many different people, including owners, managers, designers, supervisors, and tradespeople
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to be flexible and work in fast-paced environments
- Experience putting together estimates for commercial, institutional & residential projects including tenant improvements
- Ability to identify risk associated with contract/project documents
- Intermediate knowledge of the principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity take-off procedures, sub-trade procurement, scope analysis, pricing and bid closing procedures
- Working knowledge of On Screen Take-off (OST) software
- Knowledge of “Procore” project management software would be an asset.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software including Excel and MS Project and other PM operational systems
- LEED® accreditation would be an asset
Position open to both men and women.
To apply, please send your applications to the following email address: [email protected]