Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we are always looking for new talent-individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are seeking an experienced Assistant Superintendent for our BC Region District office located in Richmond, BC .
- Works with site superintendent and lead project manager, implements PCL’s safety program and maintains safety and record-keeping requirements.
- Supervises, directs, coaches, trains, and mentors the project team, including direct and indirect reports.
- Effectively communicates with own forces and trades and ensures that performance, productivity, quality, and safety requirements are met.
- Consistently collaborates with superintendent, construction/project manager and project team. Advises site superintendent or project manager of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc.
- Liaises between field engineers and estimators and to ensure construction complies with drawings and specifications.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the Project Execution Plan(PEP) and assists with resource-loaded three-week lookahead schedules.
- Monitors and executes the project construction plan and schedule.
- Reviews and understands the contract and subcontracts, including understanding risk and risk mitigation plans.
- Maintains project administration correspondence, and complies with documentation requirements.
- Develops and maintains strong customer focused relationships with all stakeholders.
- Values and models the solution provider and profitability culture.
- Other duties as required.
- Journeyman certificate or postsecondary diploma / engineering degree in a related discipline.
- Working towards NCSO designation (IND), and enrolled in the Gold Seal program as an intern (CDN) preferred.
- 3 years of experience in a field engineer / field coordinator position or lead hand / foreman role preferred.
- Successfully supervised a construction workforce.
- Knowledge of construction industry and company operations, including building materials, construction specifications, and methods and procedures.
- Understanding of project scope and ability to apply basic engineering principles to resolve constructability challenges.
- Understanding of project schedules and ability to identify the critical path.
- Knowledge and understanding of scheduling software.
- Understanding of productivity rates or own forces work (OFW) and Labor Cost Reports (LCRs), and ability to interpret cost reports.
- Ability to coordinate multiple scopes of a construction project, including scheduling, monitoring, and coordinating own forces work (OFW) and trade contractors with three-week lookahead schedules.
- Understanding of material, labor, and equipment takeoffs.
- Understanding of contract language with the ability to identify and mitigate risks, and identify and leverage opportunities.
- Knowledge of safety and environmental principles/procedures/legislation.
- Ability to lead and run effective site meetings with client, consultants, trades, own forces work, and internal employees.
- Demonstrated conflict-resolution skills, problem-solving abilities, and professional judgment.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Familiar with and/or ability to understand virtual construction software and tools.
- Working knowledge of and/or ability to learn Microsoft Office Suite and internal operational systems.
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.