Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
A.M. Nomikos operates a commercial, corporate and technical ship management service for ship owning entities.
The Company employs over 1,600 personnel worldwide, on land and sea-based operations. The Head Office and central management is located in Athens with commercial activities situated in London.
The company was originally involved in coastal shipping and over the past 6 decades has grown into all main types of Dry Bulk vessels, with a principal focus on the Geared segment. Most recently the company has expanded capabilities in the management of Container ships.
As a Superintendent Engineer, you will:
- Monitor closely the performance of the vessels and evaluate the condition of facilities and machineries as to provide technical expertise and support to the Master and the Chief Engineer of the vessel.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of the vessels, including supervising subcontractors, evaluating defects and arranging for dry-docks, in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Follow up stock of spares, lubes and chemicals and liaise with the relevant department in order to coordinate the orderings of the items and provide final approval.
- Prepare fleet vessels annual budgets of spares, repairs, lubs, etc. in cooperation with fleet Superintendents, review OPEX and report to the Technical Manager with regard to deviations/discrepancies.
- Degree in Naval Architecture / Mechanical Engineering and previous experience as Superintendent Engineer of minimum 8 years or Sailing experience at the rank of Chief Engineer on board and additional office experience.
- Additional academic qualifications in any shipping related field will be considered a plus
- Excellent use of the English language, both in writing and orally
- Very good use of Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with ERP systems, such as Danaos
- Availability for frequent travelling is required
We aspire to be an employer of choice and to offer our people opportunities to continuously develop personally and professionally, and to work in an environment that is shaped by collaboration, responsibility and integrity.
Our commitment to trustful and long-term partnerships with our customers is matched by our commitment to the people who make this a reality.
Become part of our team and let’s work together to shape the future of maritime transport!