Career Level Staff
Experience 3 Years
PLANT EHS MANAGER-Richmond, CA
AAK USA Inc. is a global leader with over 140 years of history in producing and selling value-adding vegetable oils and fats solutions for food and non-food applications. Our products go into food market sectors such as Plant Based Foods, Bakery, Chocolate, Dairy, Confectionary, Food Service and Special Nutrition, and our non-food applications include fats and oils for use in Personal Care products, Candles, Animal feed, and much more. AAK has industry leading products, services and technologies that enable our customers to succeed. Our unique Co-Development approach brings our customers’ skills and know-how together with our own capabilities and mindset for lasting results. Please visit our website at www.aak.com
We are currently seeking to hire an experienced Plant EHS Manager for our refinery manufacturing facility in Richmond, CA.
This position is responsible for technically advising and leading EH&S practices and programs to protect the employees, customers and the environment, championing comprehensive oversight for safe, compliant operations for manufacturing facilities, offices, laboratories, and pilot projects, meeting government safety regulations and industry standards, inspecting and evaluating the equipment, environment and processes. Also responsible for promoting understanding and adherence to all aspects of safety, leading the enterprise to sustainable “target zero.”
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Responsible for all hands-on Environmental, Health and Safety activities for a manufacturing facility, office and research and development facility
- Reviews and implements corporate EH&S programs, policies, procedures, training, and reporting
•Champions organizational compliance, evaluating workplace environments, equipment and practices of all safety standards and government regulations
•Guides management of hazards associated with process safety management, ensuring comprehensive program is maintained to integrate technologies, procedures, and management practices
•Conducts chemical and SDS risk assessment as well as operations risk assessments to specify engineering controls and other regulatory requirements are applicable
•Develops and implements environmental strategies in the work place, auditing and analyzing environmental practices for sustainability (including workplace pollution control, waste management and recycling) for assigned location(s).
•Undertakes regular statutory compliance audits, PSM, JSA process reviews, and QA assessment of safety management system.
- Familiar with and ensures compliance with all federal, state, county and local laws and Regulatory agencies and acts as the single point of contact with said agencies for all permits, issues and concerns.
- 8 – 10 years environmental and safety management and/or operational experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety or other related field of study
- Experience in the oils and or chemical lindustry is preferred
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification is preferred
- Knowledge of all OSHA regulations
- Working knowledge of California environmental regulatory requirements for federal and state programs, processes and program implementation strategies
- Knowledge of food processing, GMP, mechanical engineering, vegetable oil and hydrogen plant operations helpful
- Experience in leading and directing the work of others with strong team orientation, ability to influence, and collaborate with all levels of leadership
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, interpersonal and communicative skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and ERP applications
- Experience and judgment to perform a variety of complex tasks
- Skilled in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail
- Must be able to speak, read, write English fluently, in order to perform the essential job functions. Ability to speak, read and write in Spanish is highly desired.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.