Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
About the Company
For more than 170 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith’s, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of bringing people together for a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt’s 3,500 employees brew about 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada’s most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We’re also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of – for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
- Accountable for all environmental health and safety aspects of the brewery
- Performing safety compliance audits to meet required standards
- Reports environmental safety KPIs to Zone and Global office
- Consistent compliance review of Standard Operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure alignment with safety standards
- Implement safety initiatives through SOP correspondence (training, on-boarding, event planning, recommendations, and best practices)
- Provide guidance and support with the Zone to achieve environmental safety KPI’s (key performance indicators)
- Monitor and audit safety performance to support compliance SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Lead applicable onsite committees
- Liaison with regional disability claims manager, monitoring the performance and assisting with “early and safe return to work program” where required
- Compliance with Accident/Incident Investigation and Follow up Procedure.
- Capex review and sign-off for environmental safety elements in a project.
- Maintain the ES manual data base
- University Degree
- Certified Safety Professional or Certified Industrial Hygiene designations are preferred
- 3 -5 years experience in managing and auditing occupational health and safety programs within a manufacturing environment
- Occupational Health and Safety training or courses related to industrial environmental aspects (wastewater, air emissions, and solid waste management)
- Strong knowledge of Environmental Health & Safety legislation and policies
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- Excellent Communication skills – verbal, written
- Results Orientated
- Able to work within a team with strong interpersonal skills
- Well developed computer skills (Advance Excel)– SAP knowledge considered an asset