Career Level Staff
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
You will be based in Sydney (or possibly Singapore, Hong Kong or Japan) with the opportunity to rotate to positions in other ABN AMRO Clearing regions including Amsterdam and APAC. In the first weeks you and your fellow graduates will attend the Global Talent Programme training in Amsterdam in which you’ll get to know the structure of the bank. Besides broad training to get to know the business, working on your personal development is a key component of the programme. Sessions are facilitated by experts, professional trainers and ABN AMRO Clearing managers. Together they will give you a solid basis for your future role within Clearing. You will be part of an international group of graduates allowing you to build a global network. A great start to your ABN AMRO Clearing career!
In the 12-month programme you are offered 3 business rotations. You’ll take full responsibility for your own assignments. You could, for instance be working on product or service improvements or you may be involved in developing a new risk model. You will have 2 rotations in your ‘home’ country – the office where you applied/joined – and in 1 rotation you will gain experience abroad working in Singapore, Tokyo, or Amsterdam for example. During your rotations you’ll get to know different parts of the organisation. You’ll get a chance to branch out into the fields of Risk, Finance, IT, Operations or Commerce; broadening your knowledge base and network. After 12 months, you’ll be ready to start in your first role at ABN AMRO Clearing.
You’re attracted to the global financial markets, you are highly analytical and you embrace technological developments. You have the ability to bring colleagues from different backgrounds, expertise and cultures together in order to optimally serve our clients. The continuously changing environment in which regulations and sustainability play an important role requires an adaptive mindset. You are curious by nature, drawn to continuous improvement and innovations. Of course, you are result driven, have an inquisitive mind and you enjoy learning new things in an international environment.
Who are you?
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative mindset and capable of assessing and evaluating risks
- Knowledge of or at least interested in technology and how this supports business improvements;
- Thrives in an international context;
- Thinks in terms of what’s possible, sees opportunities and takes a solutions-oriented approach;
- Self-starter who readily assumes responsibility;
- The team comes first!
What is your experience?
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably followed by a Master’s degree;
- No more than two years of work experience;
- Extracurricular activities;
- Experience abroad or demonstrated international interest;
- Affinity with the financial sector and markets, new technologies
What we offer
During the 12 month Global Talent Programme, you’ll receive dedication and guidance from your line manager, assignment supervisor, trainers and a mentor. In addition, ABN AMRO Clearing offers you extensive soft and hard skills training that allows you to increase your technical knowledge, deepen your understanding of financial markets and products, and further develop your personal skills. You’ll also be working together with your fellow Talents (Graduates) throughout the programme.
Interested? Read this carefully!
Apply via the link and upload your CV, grades and cover letter. Please add your grades to either your CV or cover letter. The Global Clearing Graduate programme starts in September with a kick-off in Amsterdam, the application deadline is 17 April 2020.
You will receive an e-mail to let you know if you have been selected and can move forward to the next round. The overall recruitment process includes
- Resume & cover letter with grades;
- Telephone interview could be part of the procedure;
- Online cognitive and personality test;
- Assessment day in Sydney. This includes: an interview, group assessment and case presentation;
- Job offer including: start date, location and details on the programme.