Career Level Staff
Experience 3 Years
Industry HR & Marketing
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
- Develop ETL packages, metadata definitions and models, schedules, work processes and maintenance procedures.
- Expose low-level roadblocks in system designs, and provide options to address the issues.
- Implements new enhancements to BI, supporting additional insight into existing products and services. Ensures correct implementation from beginning to end.
- Work closely with the BI Analyst to implement data warehouse designs.
- Work closely with the Tableau Server Administrator on security and environment health considerations.
- Perform and adopt best practices in testing and reporting: usability, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Engage the team and document rules and processes for construction, maintenance, and troubleshooting of business intelligence deployments, reports, dashboards, ETL, and other processes.
- Maintain library of model documents, templates, or other reusable knowledge.
- Willing to perform other job duties/responsibilities as may be assigned for the successful operation of the business.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles and practices.
- Strong computer science background.
- Familiarity with C#, specifically: basic coding skills, and use of core .Net capabilities and System.IO features.
- Previous experience with ETL processes.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience managing production server environments:
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent processes while understanding and successfully solving business problems.
- Ability to extend current technical systems, incorporating new data.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Understanding of Data Warehousing concepts and design, specifically: standard three fact table types, slowly changing dimensions.
- Familiarity with Kimball methodology (Data Warehouse Design).
- Experience with source control (GIT)
- Understanding of Salesforce, NetSuite systems.
- Knowledge of “Relational Junction” a huge bonus.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services 2012 or newer, specifically: project deployment, parameters and environments.
- Strong understanding of the entire Microsoft data platform (SSAS, SSRS, MDS, Azure SQL, Data Factory)
- Understanding of Business Intelligence reporting & visualizing tools (Cognos, Tableau, PowerBI)
- Experience with continuous integration technologies (Jenkins, TFS)