Career Level Staff
Experience 3 Years
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
The Payroll Officer will assist and undertake the processing of all full end-to-end domestic and international salary payments to our Australian and global workforce in APAC and the UK.
- Assist in ensuring the accurate and timely payment and distribution of all salaries and wages as per employment contracts, organisational policies, awards and other legislative requirements relevant to Australian and international payroll processing
- Assist with the accurate and timely payment and distribution of all performance and bonus payments (as directed by management)
- Assist with the accurate interpretation and application of agreements, contracts, awards and taxation legislation within Australia and internationally, and advise management on these as required
- Assist in the design and implementation of enhancements to Abt Associates’ payroll system, payroll policies and payroll procedures
- Assist in the preparation of balancing and reconciling payroll tax, PAYG tax, superannuation (Australian and international), Workers’ Compensation returns and end of financial year processing both within Australia and internationally
Further key duties can be found in the Terms of Reference in the ‘View Position Description’ link above.
The preferred applicant will have the following:
- 2-3 years operational experience in dedicated high-volume payroll position/s (500+ people), and equivalent experience processing electronic payments to employees under Australian legislation
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience across all technical payroll activities, including Australian statutory and compliance related requirements
- Demonstrated resilience and ability to effectively and professionally manage competing priorities, including an ability to respond with appropriate urgency to last minute payroll matters that arise
- Demonstrated ability to exercise a high level of confidentiality and discretion regarding payroll activities and sensitive information received
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with key personnel and stakeholders across all level of the business
- Ability to understand and apply jurisdiction requirements throughout the Asia-Pacific region and the UK
- Experience with international payroll will be highly regarded
Further Information & Application
Other details of this opportunity can be found in the ‘View Position Description’ link at the top of this page.
Applications close: Sunday, 5 April 2020 – midnight (AEST)
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of the Abt Associates’ website and must include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above. Any applications that do not provide responses to the key requirements will not be reviewed.