Career Level Executive
Experience 5 Years
Industry Research & Development
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
This position is accountable for the day-to-day responsibility for managing the Metallurgy Laboratory as well as supervising the Laboratory Technicians, Laboratory Machinists and Document Specialists. Ensures customer satisfaction by establishing, implementing, monitoring and enforcing procedures and/or work instructions that support the group’s metallurgy requirements.
- Supports all divisional quality and purchasing departments as it pertains to metallurgy expertise.
- Reviews both internal and external raw material processes searching for continual improvement opportunities.
- Meets with raw material (i.e. steel) suppliers on a regular basis to develop and improve our partnership.
- Works with quality and purchasing to develop meaningful indicators for raw material suppliers.
- Develops systems to insure the metallurgy laboratory is efficient and meets the group’s expectations for customer service.
- As a member of the Quality Assurance Team, this manager will control cost in line with the Business Plan and will actively participate in pursuing all avenues to grow the business.
- Keep Lab compliant with ISO 17025.
- Champions the maintenance and continual improvement of the Laboratory A2LA certification.
- The commitment of company expenditures beyond normal day-to-day operating expenses must be pre-approved by the Quality Assurance Manager
- Knowledge of specifications and tolerances.
- Is familiar with the use of SPC, FMEA, and APQP and has experience in obtaining / maintaining ISO 9001 registration as well as A2LA accreditation.
- Practitioner of Project Management, Root Cause Analysis, team building, etc.
Educational Requirements or Experience:
- Metallurgy or Metallurgical Engineering degree
- 5 years of experience in related field required
- Experience in the field of metal manufacturing and materials required
Benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, as well as 401(k) Retirement plan options. We also offer paid vacation, PTO and holidays.