Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Industry Business and Sales
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
We are Alpha – an award winning financial services firm listed on the London Stock Exchange. Recognised by the Financial Times as one of the fastest growing companies in Europe, we remain a team of just over 100, and have achieved this by placing people and culture at the heart of our business. With a high quality client base, we pride ourselves on not only providing the best service but also the best career opportunities. Circa 50% of Alpha’s team are shareholders and we remain committed to making new ones each year.
Now operating across multiple overseas jurisdictions, and servicing clients in over 40 countries, the opportunity for career growth and development is greater than ever before. We’re only just getting started too, so if you’re an ambitious individual who’s ready to make an impact, we’d like to hear from you.
Following the success of our UK and Canada offices, Alpha FX is launching a new office in the Netherlands. Working alongside two Senior Partners, you will be at the forefront of a new team, responsible for growing the division from the ground-up in a challenging but highly rewarding sales role. This is an opportunity for a self-starter – someone with big ambitions, but also the urgency and resilience to achieve them. Effort and potential are more important to us than experience, so if you’re committed, we’ll take care of the rest.
A hybrid position of business development and account management, as a Portfolio Manager, you will be responsible for building a portfolio of high value corporate clients. This begins with sourcing and engaging c-suite decision makers of medium to large businesses across an array of sectors. For every sales opportunity you create, you’ll be supported by one of our Senior Partners – people who know first-hand what it takes to be successful in the role and have a vested interest in seeing you succeed. They will help you learn the business, your clientele and a range of strategies to add value to them. As you develop, your portfolio will continue to grow, and naturally your position will move further into a blend of account management and business development.
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role growing a new business venture, whilst benefitting from the backing and experience of an established and market leading PLC. As one of the first team members, you will play a key part in the growth of this division, and this will come with all the accountability, rewards and growth opportunities you would expect. Commissions are uncapped, residual and received on every pound your portfolio makes, and those that join now should do so with the ambition of working towards an equity stake in this venture.
- Researching and qualifying potential clients to build a database of leads
- You will own the telephone – using it to engage and consult with C-level executives of medium-large businesses (£30m – £300m) across a diverse range of sectors. Cold calling will be your primary and preferred method of engaging opportunities.
- You will learn your clients’ businesses and work to explore and uncover key problems and challenges, whilst educating them on how Alpha’s solutions can solve them.
- You will work closely with analysts and strategists to build and present valuable risk management solutions to clients – in time learning how to develop these solutions yourself
- You will develop trusted relationships with your existing portfolio of clients to retain their business and grow your portfolio
- In time, you will learn how to deal independently for your portfolio of clients on the largest traded market in the world.
What we offer
- Transparent commission structure, with uncapped and residual commissions received on a pound for pound basis.
- Legendary corporate trips abroad
- Quarterly company celebrations
- Attractive share equity programme for team players that perform