- Career Level Staff
- Experience 3 Years
- Gender Any
- Industry HR & Marketing
- Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
About the Company
For more than 170 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith’s, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt’s 3,500 employees brew about 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada’s most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We’re also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of – for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
You will play a key contributor role as part of our Total Rewards team in the design, implementation and management of our wellness strategy, group benefit plans, and corresponding disability claims (collectively, “our Wellness Programs”), in order to help us meet our objectives of providing competitive benefits and an engaging employee experience in a cost-conscious way,
You will succeed by:
- Coordinating Worker’s Compensation Board Claims and non-occupational disability leave claims in all provinces, except Quebec
- Executing high quality, cost effective outcomes for disability management in Canada by employing your keen abilities to problem-solve and facilitate employees’ return-to-work
- Supporting our business teams in navigating employee cases of illness/injury, through consultation with the Employee Health & Safety team, People Business Partners, and the Industrial Relations team as appropriate
- Acting as a catalyst and liaison between all internal and external stakeholders and providers, with an overall objective of ensuring employees with supportable claims will be able to access benefits as necessary
- Actively pursuing initiatives and proactive solutions for root causes to improve claim metrics, so to help increase productivity and efficiencies in our operations and to qualify for resulting rebates, and reductions in insurance premiums
- Contributing to our overall wellness strategy through engagement of employees and managers to build awareness of our programs and support structure, facilitate manager training, develop and cascade innovative messaging and initiatives, and drive overall team well-being.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis on existing wellness programs, including preparing reports that help identify trends and measure the strength and effectiveness of the programs.
- Manage claims administration and routine reporting in risk management software
You have a proven track record of delivering results and sustainable improvements in prior roles, by executing with discipline, dreaming big, leading the change, and demonstrating impact and influence.
As well, you have:
- Post-secondary degree required
- 1-3 years related experience in a client-support and/or employee-facing role
- Worker’s Compensation Board claim management experience, a definite asset
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Case management experience, a definite asset
- Familiar with Human Rights legislation
- Data management specific to Personal Health Information Privacy Act
- Strong analytical skills including experience with Microsoft Excel